POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Summer Camp Director, the Day Camp Leader provides direct supervision of a group of children in a seasonal day camp. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
1. Supervises a group of children.
2 Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
3. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
4. Attends staff meetings and training.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
6. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of 18 years of age
2. High school graduate or equivalent; 0-9 ECE units or equivalent desired
3. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
4. Previous experience working with children preferably in a day camp setting
5. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, songs/music, skits, sports, recreational games, etc.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
7. Experience with youth/teen development and parent relations
8. Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude
9. Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Live scan clearance. Within the first 30 days: CPR/AED, and First Aid, Child Abuse prevention training, Blood borne pathogens training as required. (Certifications need to remain current during employment.)
To be considered for any open position at the Y an application must be received. For an application current staff can log in to the "Staff" section of the sloymca.org web site, contact your supervisor or contact Human Resources at: email@example.com