POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Summer Camp Director, the Assistant Camp Director is responsible for assisting with the overall direction and management of the Summer Day Camp site within the goals and objectives of the San Luis Obispo County YMCA. This includes program development; fiscal management, supervision and evaluation of all camp staff; the safety and development of each child; and the overall administration of all camp-based programs.
1.Assist the Camp Program Director in developing age-appropriate, creative, and flexible program that reflects the mission and vision of the organization. Organize a variety of stimulating, challenging activities appropriate for children.
2.Maintain program budget integrity.
3.Assist in supervision and evaluation of all YMCA leaders and volunteers.
4.Enforce all safety and security guidelines. Take a leadership role in providing safe conditions at the Summer Camp site and all field trip sites.
5.Remain with the participants while they are signed into the YMCA site, program, or event.
6.Coordinate the use of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
7.Produce and keep accurate and daily records. (Sign in, time sheets, weekly schedules, newsletters, payments, tracking records, field trip rosters, etc.).
8.Communicate problems and concerns to the Camp Program Director and/or Community Program Director.
9.Report and record any suspected abuse children (participants) by parent(s), guardian(s), or staff.
10.Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding all aspects of the program, informed of decisions, overall program, and budget status. Refer unresolved situations to supervisor.
11. Respond immediately to all inquiries, and provide courteous, prompt, and sincere attention to participants and parent(s). Respond to all feedback and complaints in a courteous and timely fashion.
12. Exhibit a positive, helpful attitude with all participants and parent(s). Provide excellent “customer service.”
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of 21 years of age (as per insurance)
2. 9-12 units of ECE and 2 years of supervised field experience desired
3. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
4. Must be able to drive own vehicle, valid insurance/Drivers License and cear driving record.
Remain insurable during employment.
5. Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of children ages 4 to 12 years
6. Supervisory experience
7. Summer camp program development experience preferred
8. Experience working with diverse populations, both children and adult
9. Experience with team building and child development strategies
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Live scan clearance. Within the first 30 days: CPR/AED, and First Aid., Child Abuse Prevention training, Blood borne pathogens training as required. (Certifications need to remain current during employment.)
Valid insurance/Drivers License
(Certifications need to remain current during employment.)
To be considered for any open position at the Y an application must be received. For an application current staff can log in to the "Staff" section of the sloymca.org web site, contact your supervisor or contact Human Resources at: email@example.com