- Get Involved
- About The Y
Shell Beach YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Centennial Park/Paso Robles YMCA Recreational Youth Programs: Centennial Park
Monarch Grove YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Los Ranchos YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Harloe YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Fairgrove YMCA Programs
Baywood YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Grover Beach YMCA Programs
Baywood Pioneer Day Camp
Cambria Pioneer Day Camp
Centennial Park Pioneer Day Camp
Shell Beach Pioneer Day Camp - Location TBD
Harloe Trailblazer/High Adventures Day Camp
Hawthorne Trailblazer/High Adventures Day Camp
Los Ranchos Pioneer Day Camp
Junior Explorers Summer Day Camp
Sparks Summer Camp - SLO
Los Ranchos CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Sparks SLO CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Shell Beach CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Centennial CLUB LIT - Leader in Training Program
Hawthorne CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Cambria CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Harloe CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Baywood CLUB LIT - Leaders In Training Program
Be a part of something bigger!
The San Luis Obispo County Y has a opening for an After School Site Director
Part time (30-35 hours a week); Medical, dental and vision eligible
The Site Director is responsible for the overall direction and management of School Site within the goals and objectives of the San Luis Obispo County YMCA. This includes the responsibility for site budget development and management; program development; hiring; development, supervision and evaluation of all site staff; the safety and development of each child; and the overall administration of all site-based programs. This is a school-year position with responsibilities throughout the school year, and possibly in other YMCA programs.
monthly budget monitoring, year-end forecasts and achieving successful net income.
development of site budget as part of the annual budget process.
maintaining revenue and expense within association and budget guidelines with supporting documentation.
participant registration, monthly billing, food program administration, collection of payments and supporting documentation.
keeping clear and program accurate records.
overall program development growth, development and evaluation; creative, challenging, high-quality program delivery.
assessing and addressing local community, school and parent needs.
development of program curriculum, including weekly and monthly calendars.
evaluation of success of program curriculum and creative updates on a regular basis.
overall supervision of all site staff, includes interviewing and hiring in consult with the direct report supervisor, appropriate training and implementation regular staff meetings; maintaining accurate personnel/time keeping records.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
3. 1-3 years experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of - K- 6th grade.
4. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or 60 college units, AA degree or NCLB certification.
5. Supervisory experience required.
6. Experience with budget development.
7. Must be able to drive own vehicle, valid insurance/Drivers License and clear driving record.
8. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software. Working knowledge of Daxko system a plus.
9. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
10. Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and
public relations, program development and fundraising.
11. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
12. Y Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
13. Experience with youth/teen development and parent relations.
14. Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
15. Excellent verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff,
community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Live scan clearance before work begins with children.
• Within the first 30 days: CPR/AED, and First Aid certificate, child abuse prevention trainng
• Bloodborne pathogens training as required.
• Valid drivers license and car insurance
• (Certifications need to remain current during employment
To be considered for any open position, an application must be received. Please visit: sloymca.org
COMPENSATION $16.50 - $21.00 PER HOUR