- Get Involved
- About The Y
Shell Beach YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Centennial Park/Paso Robles YMCA Recreational Youth Programs: Centennial Park
Monarch Grove YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Los Ranchos YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Harloe YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Fairgrove YMCA Programs
Baywood YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Grover Beach YMCA Programs
Be a part of something bigger!
The San Luis Obispo County Y has openings for Summer Day Camp Director
35-40 hours a week, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
$18.50 - $22.00 per hour
Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Programs (or assigned staff), the Camp Program Director is responsible for the overall direction and management of the Summer Day Camp site within the goals and objectives of the San Luis Obispo County YMCA. This includes the responsibility for site budget development and management; program development; hiring, development, supervision and evaluation of all camp staff; the safety and development of each child; and the overall administration of all camp-based programs.
1. Develop age-appropriate, creative, and flexible program that reflects the mission and vision of the organization. Organize a variety of stimulating, challenging activities appropriate for children.
2. Maintain program budget integrity.
3. Assist in supervision and evaluation of all YMCA leaders and volunteers.
4. Enforce all safety and security guidelines. Take a leadership role in providing safe conditions at the Summer Camp site and all field trip sites.
5. Supervise the participants and staff while they are signed into the YMCA site, program, or event.
5. Coordinate the use of facilities, equipment, and supplies.
6. Produce and keep accurate and daily records. (Sign in, time sheets, weekly schedules, newsletters, payments, tracking records, field trip rosters, etc.).
7. Communicate problems and concerns to the Camp Program Director and/or Community Program Director.
8. Report and record any suspected abuse children (participants) by parent(s), guardian(s), or staff.
9. Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding all aspects of the program, informed of decisions, overall program, and budget status. Refer unresolved situations to supervisor.
10. Respond immediately to all inquiries, and provide courteous, prompt, and sincere attention to participants and parent(s). Respond to all feedback and complaints in a courteous and timely fashion.
11. Exhibit a positive, helpful attitude with all participants and parent(s). Provide excellent “customer service.”
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Document any accident/injury/incident on Incident Report Form as appropriate.
• Work with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Willing to collaborate with school and community organizations and citizens.
• Flexible and willing to work at other sites when needed.
• Use program resources efficiently and ecologically.
• Must be able to use own vehicle to make purchases, take documents to the
Administration building etc.
• Follows all Workers Comp/Accident Report procedures through completion of claim.
• Attend staff training and all staff meetings as required.
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be minimum of 18 years of age
2. 9-12 units of ECE and 2 years of supervised field experience desired
3. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
4. Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of children ages 4 to 12 years
5. Supervisory experience
6. Summer camp program development experience
7. Experience working with diverse populations, both children and adult
8. Experience with team building and child development strategies
9. Must be able to drive own vehicle, valid insurance/Driver’s License and clear driving record. Remain insurable during employment
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Live scan clearance.
• Within the first 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid, Child Abuse prevention training, Blood borne pathogens training as required.
• Valid insurance/Driver’s License and clear driving record.
(Certifications need to remain current during employment.)