- Get Involved
- About The Y
Shell Beach YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Centennial Park/Paso Robles YMCA Recreational Youth Programs: Centennial Park
Monarch Grove YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Los Ranchos YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Harloe YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Fairgrove YMCA Programs
Baywood YMCA Recreational Youth Programs
Grover Beach YMCA Programs
Baywood Pioneer Day Camp
Cambria Pioneer Day Camp
Centennial Park Pioneer Day Camp
Shell Beach Pioneer Day Camp - Location TBD
Harloe Trailblazer/High Adventures Day Camp
Hawthorne Trailblazer/High Adventures Day Camp
Los Ranchos Pioneer Day Camp
Junior Explorers Summer Day Camp
Sparks Summer Camp - SLO
Los Ranchos CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Sparks SLO CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Shell Beach CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Centennial CLUB LIT - Leader in Training Program
Hawthorne CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Cambria CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Harloe CLUB LIT - Leaders in Training Program
Baywood CLUB LIT - Leaders In Training Program
Be a part of something bigger!
The San Luis Obispo County YMCA has openings for Assistant Summer Camp Directors.
This is a summer seasonal position of 30-39 hours per week.
$14.00 - $15.25 per hour
Under the supervision of the Summer Camp Director, the Assistant Camp Director is responsible for assisting with the overall direction and management of the Summer Day Camp site within the goals and objectives of the San Luis Obispo County YMCA. This includes program development, fiscal management, supervision and evulation of all camp staff, the safety and development of each child, and the overall administration of all camp-based programs.
1. Assist the Camp Director in developing age-appropriate, creative, and flexible program that reflects the mission and vision of the organization. Organize a variety of stimulating, challenging activites appropriate for children.
2. Maintain program budget integrity.
3. Assist in supervision and evaluation of alll YMCA leaders and volunteers.
4. Enforce all safety and security guidelines. Take a leadership role in providing save conditions at the Summer Camp site and all field trip sites.
5. Remain with the participants while they are signed into the YMCA site, program, or event.
6. Produce and keep accurate and daily records. (Sign in, time sheets, weekly schedules, newsletters, payments, tracking records, field trip rosters, ect.).
7. Communicate problems and concerns to the Camp Director and or Program Director.
8. Report and record any suspected abuse children (participants) by parent(s), guardian(s), or staff.
9. Communicate regularly with supervisor regarding all aspects of the program, informed of decisions, overall program, and budget status. Refer unresolved situations to supervisor.
10. Respond immediately to all inquires, and provide courteous, prompt, and sincere attention to all participants and parent(s). Respond to all feedback and complaints in a courteous and timely fashion.
11. Exhibit a positive, helpful attitude with all participants and parent(s). Provide excellent "customer service."
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Mission Advancement: Accepts and Demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well with others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning, speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Opperational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openess to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
(Certifications need to remain current during employment)