1. Respect and Encouragement
2. Positive Role Model
3. Clear, Consistent Communication
4. Knowledge of Sport
5. Someone Who Listens
(a good coach sees the potential in every child)
YMCA Sports League Philosophy:
• To allow participants to have fun.
• To allow all youth an opportunity to participate.
• To teach participants proper skills and fundamentals.
• To provide an environment in which the participant will learn sportsmanship, camaraderie and teamwork.
• Players must play an equal amount of time.
Parents, Coaches and Families – please be nice and encouraging to fellow players, parents, children and coaches at the practices and games throughout the season in
the league. Children play sports because they think it's fun and they want to learn something new while meeting new friends.
SLO County YMCA - We're for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibilty