Y sports programs are designed for recreational-level players.
The Youth Sports Programs are designed to teach kids the fundamentals, leadership skills, how to be a team player, and to encourage healthy lifestyles.
The Adult Sports Programs are designed to give adults an opportunity to participate in organized team sports while having fun, meeting new people, and getting fit.
Bitty Sports - SLO & South County ages 3-5 (boys & girls)
Your champ will have fun learning new skills or improve their current ability in this introductory program! Parents are asked to join in the fun as we explore the
fundamentals of the game, learning the basic skills needed for each sport.
Sports skills may include: Basketball, T-Ball, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Football, & Hockey
1. Respect and Encouragement
2. Positive Role Model
3. Clear, Consistent Communication
4. Knowledge of Sport
5. Someone Who Listens
(a good coach sees the potential in every child)
YMCA Sports League Philosophy:
• To allow participants to have fun.
• To allow all youth an opportunity to participate.
• To teach participants proper skills and fundamentals.
• To provide an environment in which the participant will learn sportsmanship, camaraderie and teamwork.
• Players must play an equal amount of time.
Parents, Coaches and Families – please be nice and encouraging to fellow players, parents, children and coaches at the practices and games throughout the season in
the league. Children play sports because they think it's fun and they want to learn something new while meeting new friends.
SLO County YMCA - We're for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibilty