- Get Involved
- About The Y
Associate Site Director (San Luis Obispo County)
Compensation: $15.00-$16.50 per hour
Employment type: Part-Time Hourly/Non-Exempt
Be a part of something bigger!
Part-Time, 25-35 hours a week, Generally Monday-Friday. Days of the week will vary
The Associate Site Director shares responsibility for the overall direction and management of program site within the goals and objectives of the San Luis Obispo County YMCA. This includes the shared responsibility for site budget development and management; program development; hiring; development, supervision and education of all site staff; the safety and development of each child, and the overall administration of all site-based programs. This is a school-year position with responsibilities throughout the school year, and possibly in other YMCA programs including the summer camp programs.
• Listen, smile, and provide courteous, prompt and sincere attention to participants and parent(s).
• Keep your Supervisor informed of decisions and refer unresolved situations to your Supervisor.
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude with all participants and parent(s).
• Responsible for representing the YMCA and maintaining a professional and positive relationship with school principals, staff, parent(s), and volunteers.
• Responsible for implementation of all policies, goals and objectives, and procedures as established by the Board of Directors.
• In partnership with direct supervisor, responsible for contributing to the budgeting process, monthly budget monitoring, year-end forecasts and achieving a successful net income.
• In partnership with direct supervisor, responsible for overall program development, growth, development and evaluation.
• In partnership with direct supervisor, responsible for assessing and addressing local community, school and parent(s) needs.
• In partnership with direct supervisor, responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, and supervision of all assigned staff. To include, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring (in consult with the direct report supervisor), scheduling, training and development, coaching and mentoring, maintaining open and effective communication, and planning and implementation of regular staff meetings.
• In partnership with direct supervisor, responsible for following all policies and procedures for self and staff including but not limited to: payroll/time sheets, safety, training, and disciplinary actions.
• In partnership with direct supervisor, responsible for maintaining standards of performance for each staff documenting and addressing staff problems, and annual evaluations of each site staff person.
• Will be assigned Annual Campaign duties and involvement.
• In accordance with the YMCA’s child abuse prevention policy, responsible for appropriate procedures and reporting of any suspected abuse of children (participants) by parent(s), guardian(s), or staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and/or Experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to drive own vehicle, valid insurance/Driver’s License and clear driving record.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of 6th - 8th grade.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or 60 college units, AA degree or NCLB certification.
• Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, public relations, program development and fundraising.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• Y Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
• Excellent verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Requirements prior to hire:
• Valid driver’s license/car registration.
• Clear LiveScan (fingerprints) report.
Certifications required within 30 days of hire:
• CPR/AED, and First Aid and Child Abuse Prevention training.
• Bloodborne pathogens training as required.
• Certifications need to remain current during employment.
To be considered for any open position at the Y, an application must be received. Please visit: sloymca.org