- Get Involved
- About The Y
After School Leader (Los Ranchos)
After School Leader (Grover Beach)
Specialty Day Camp Assistant Director (San Luis Obispo)
Summer Day Camp Assistant Director (Baywood)
Summer Day Camp Assistant Director (Cambria)
Summer Travel Camp Assistant Director (Hawthorne)
Summer Day Camp Assistant Director (Los Ranchos)
Assistant Site Director - Shell Beach
Summer Day Camp Assistant Director (Shell Beach)
Summer Travel Camp Assistant Director (Harloe)
Bitty Sports- South County
Baywood Pioneer Day Camp
Cambria Pioneer Day Camp
Centennial Park Pioneer Day Camp
Shell Beach Pioneer Day Camp - Location TBD
Harloe Trailblazer/High Adventures Day Camp
Hawthorne Trailblazer/High Adventures Day Camp
Los Ranchos Pioneer Day Camp
Junior Explorers Summer Day Camp
Sparks Summer Camp - SLO
Be a part of something bigger!
The San Luis Obispo YMCA has an opeining for Les Mills Fitness Instructor
Part time, 2-8 hours per week
Instructs group classes, provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Reports to work (prepared for class) on time, as scheduled.
2. Exemplify the YMCA mission of spirit, mind, and body and the four pillars of character development:
a. Caring - Behaves in manner that is supportive to members, staff, and volunteers
b. Honesty - Open to giving & receiving regular feedback to members, staff, and volunteers
c. Respect - Behaves in a manner that is mutually-respectful to members, staff, and volunteers
d. Responsibility - Communicates frequently with members, staff, and volunteers
3. Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
4. Class content is educational, energizing, fun, highly interactive, and safe.
5. Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
6. Greets and welcomes all members with a warm smile and a willingness to support.
7. Introduce yourself to the majority of class members as they enter the class (with an emphasis on new, unfamiliar members).
8. Provides YMCA updates to all class members.
9. Provides the majority of class members with affirmations and well wishes as they exit the class (with an emphasis on new, unfamiliar members).
10. Remains available, as scheduled, to converse and interact with class members.
11. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
12. Keeps accurate class attendance records.
13. Follows YMCA policies and procedures:
a. Willing to collaborate with community organizations and members.
b. Flexible and willing to work at other sites when needed.
c. Use program resources efficiently and ecologically.
d. Follows all Workers Comp/Accident Report procedures through completion.
14. Attend staff training and all staff meetings as required.
15. Other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred.
2. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
3. Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
4. Good verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Live scan clearance.
2. Certification in areas of expertise. Les Mills BodyPump, CxWorx or BodyCombat
3. CPR/AED, and First Aid.
4. All certifications and clearances need to remain current during employment.
COMPENSATION $15.00-$18.50 PER HOUR