Part time non-exempt no benefits 10-15 hours per week
$13.50-$14.50 per hour
Under the direction of the Sports Director, this position will officiate at sporting events, games, or competitions, to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed and creates a safe and positive environment that promotes fair play, member safety/staff safety, and engagement in keeping with YMCA polices and procedures.
1. Maintain constant surveillance of playing area for safety and fair play.
2. Enforces rules and manages the area/assists in scorekeeping duties including by not limited to: keep track of points, time, and quarters, periods etc. and referee duties during youth/adult games as needed.
3. Set up and tear down equipment, scoreboard, and/or other appropriate sports duties.
4. Assist with general facility maintenance and check the area for hazardous conditions when arriving and cleanliness/safety when leaving the area.
5. Knows all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
6. Attends all staff meetings and trainings when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of 18 years of age.
2. Must be in good health to perform duties as required.
3. Bi-lingual desired.
4. Experience/ability to learn team building and your development strategies.
5. Must have knowledge of the sport he/she is refereeing.
6. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
7. Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations.
8. Experience with youth/teen development and parent relations.
9. Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
10. Good verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Live scan clearance.
• CPR/AED, and First Aid within 30 days of date of hire.
• Child abuse prevention training
• Blood borne pathogens training as required
(Certifications need to remain current during employment.)
Share this program:
SLO County YMCA - We're for Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibilty