- Get Involved
- About The Y
Scooter Camp Trainer
Compensation: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
Employment type: Part-Time Hourly/Non-Exempt
Be a part of something bigger!
Seasonal, 20-30 hours a week, Camp Runs from April 13th to April 17th
Under the direction of the Sports Director and with the leadership of the Sports Coordinator, the Skate Park Attendant is responsible for the supervision, safety, and wellbeing of youth participating in Scooter Camp at the South County Skate Park. The position supports the Sports Director by being consistent with the After-School program objectives and YMCA mission.
1. Assist in creation of Scooter Camp curriculum.
2. Provide Scooter instruction at the appropriate level.
3. Provide courteous, prompt, and sincere attention to participants and parent(s).
4. Respond to all feedback in a courteous and timely fashion.
5. Treat other staff members, school personnel, volunteers, parent(s), and participants with courtesy and respect.
6. Keep Sports Director informed of decisions and unresolved situations.
7. Come to work with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
8. Willing to collaborate with school and community organizations and citizens.
9. Continually take an active role in maintaining safe conditions at the skate park.
10. Remain with the participants while they are signed in to the skate park.
11. Keep accurate daily records – Turn in any receipts for program supplies to the Sports Director.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Document any accident/injury/incident on Incident Report Form as appropriate.
• Work with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Willing to collaborate with school and community organizations and citizens.
• Flexible and willing to work at other sites when needed.
• Use program resources efficiently and ecologically.
• Follows all Workers Comp/Accident Report procedures through completion of claim.
• Attend staff training and all staff meetings as required.
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Experience/ability to facilitate and communicate with diverse groups of children.
3. Bi-lingual preferred.
4. High school graduate or equivalent.
5. Advanced skateboarding and or scooter skills. Previous instructor experience preferred.
6. Experience with team building and youth development strategies.
7. Willingness to participate in opportunities that serve to develop staff in the area of youth development.
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
9. Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations.
10. Good organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
11. Good verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Live scan clearance.
• CPR/AED, and First Aid.
• Blood borne pathogens training as required
(Certifications need to remain current during employment.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Ability to use hands and fingers to feel and manipulate, such as at a computer keyboard or phone. Must be able to talk, see and hear. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and carry small distances. Must be able to respond audibly and call for assistance in an emergency.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a quiet as well as moderately noisy work environment. Must be able to cope and function within stressful circumstances. Must be able to work within deadlines. May be exposed to wind, rain, sun or other environments. No other particular exposure to difficult environmental conditions know.