- Support the Y
- About Us
Be a part of something bigger!
The San Luis Obispo County Y has an opening for an After School Site Director
Part time (30-35 hours a week); Medical, dental and vision eligible
The Site Director is responsible for the overall direction and management of the assigned school site within the goals and objectives of the San Luis Obispo County YMCA. This includes the responsibility for site budget development and management; program development; hiring; development, supervision and evaluation of all site staff; the safety and development of each child; and the overall administration of all site-based programs. This is a school-year position with responsibilities throughout the school year, and possibly in other YMCA programs.
• Development, maintenance, and monitoring of successful (positive net income) site budget.
• Participant registration, monthly billing, food program administration, collection of payments and supporting documentation.
• Keeping clear and program accurate records.
• Overall program development growth, development and evaluation; creative, challenging, high-quality program delivery, including program curriculum, and weekly/monthly calendars.
• Assessing and addressing local community, school and parent needs.
• Evaluation of success of program curriculum and creative updates on a regular basis.
• Overall supervision of all site staff, includes interviewing and hiring in consult with the direct report supervisor, appropriate training and implementation regular staff meetings; maintaining accurate personnel/time keeping records.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
• 1-3 years’ experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of - K- 6th grade.
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or 60 college units, AA degree or NCLB certification.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Experience with budget development.
• Must be able to drive own vehicle, valid insurance/Driver’s License and clear driving record.
• Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software. Working knowledge of Daxko system a plus.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• Y Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
• Experience with youth/teen development and parent relations.
• Excellent organizational skills, initiative, and a proactive attitude.
• Excellent verbal communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with YMCA staff, youth, parents, school staff, community partners and volunteers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
*Certifications need to remain current during employment
Live Scan clearance before work begins with children.
Within the first 30 days: CPR/AED, and First Aid certificate, child abuse prevention
Child abuse prevention and bloodborne pathogens training
Valid driver’s license and car insurance
To be considered for any open position, an application must be received. Please visit: sloymca.org
COMPENSATION $16.50 - $21.00 PER HOUR
To develop the total person, spirit, mind, and body, through values-based programs that build strong kids, strong families, and strong communities.
San Luis Obispo County YMCA
1020 Southwood Drive
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
P: (805) 543-8235
F: (805) 543-6202