The San Luis Obispo County YMCA has openings for Youth Program Leaders
PT-Hourly 15-29 hours a week
Monday through Friday preferred
Free gym membership
Starts at $14.50 per/hour
Under the supervision of the Site Director, the Youth Program Leader is responsible for the supervision, safety and health/well-being of assigned kindergarten through 6th grade students, enrolled in the YMCA's Youth Program(s). In addition the position is also responsible for assisting with planning, developing and leading recreational and enrichment program activities for participants.
All hired staff receive a free gym membership!
· Come to work with a positive an enthusiastic attitude.
· Supervises a group of assigned children.
· Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
· Follows CDC and County Department of Health standards, procedures and recommendations provided to them around heath screening, physical distancing, and sanitizing
· Assist with the planning, developing and leading recreational and enhancement program activities for all participants, including those with special needs.
· Continually take an active role in providing safe conditions at the site.
· Be supportive of the YMCA's inclusive recreation program.
· Keep accurate daily records as required by site.
· Maintain positive reinforcement for each child and willingness to work with Site Director and parents in order to enhance each child's experience in the program.
· Attend staff training and all required staff meetings.
· Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
· Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff.
· Document any accident/injury/incident on Incident Report Form as appropriate.
· Flexible and willing to work at other sites when needed.
· Use program resources efficiently and ecologically.
· Follows all Workers Comp/Accident Report procedures through completion of claim.
· Other duties/projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Experience/ability to lead and communicate with groups of youth K-6th grade.
· 0-12 ECE units (or equivalent) desired
· Bi-lingual Spanish desired
· Direct experience working with youth in an active recreational and developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on the lives of youth.
· Experience with team building and youth development strategies.
· Good organizational skills, initiative and a proactive attitude.
· A commitment to the goals and philosophy of the YMCA.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
*Certifications need to remain current during employment
· Live scan clearance.
· Within first 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention training
· Blood borne pathogens as required.
San Luis Obispo YMCA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.